Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Things to do this Friday, 1.16.09

A couple things to note for Friday night in case you don't have any plans and would like to venture out in this crazy weather, which I suggest you do...

The first Drummer Vs. The Technician was a big success, so this promises to pack a similarly potent punch to the eardrums. My friends Meat Number 5 (DJ Once-A-Month & Ricky Ropesack) are on the bill again and are hinting at some new tracks performed that night as they're currently working on their next EP. I'm very excited for that. Maker was part of the show last year also, and I shouldn't have to say how dope it was. I've never been disappointed with anything Maker pumps through the speakers. It's at one of my favorite venues in the city, The Hideout, so this shouldn't be a show to miss.



Also, at the Chicago Country Club in Wicker Park is an art show dedicated to the memory of Brendan Scanlon (SOLVE). I'm excited for this because 1) it's my first art show I'll be attending in this new year; and 2) I've always enjoyed Brendan's work. I hear there'll be a wall for other artists to contribute to all pertaining to the man himself. Come out and show love to what was an extremely brilliant artist taken away senselessly from his family, friends and fans.

SUPPORT!

No comments:

Post a Comment